Annamalai University Solved Assignments
Also buy Amity Solved Assignments, IMT Solved Assignments, SMU Solved Assignments, IGNOU Solved Assignments
1. “Advertisement facilitates the building up of positive attitude of the target audience towards a brand.” Do you agree?
2. “House-to-house selling is the most efficient form of retailing as it can eliminate wholesalers as well as retail stores.” – Discuss.
3. It is said that telemarketing will revolutionize the marketing communication process. Do you agree?
4. Interactive systems of direct marketing are the wave of the future. Do you agree or disagree? Explain.
Business Mathematics and Statistics
AiDLo.com is the best educational solution for students. AiDLo provide home work solution, home tutoring service, online tutor and solved assignments for amity, smu, imt and ignou.
1. A chartered Accountant applies for a job in two firms X and Y. He estimates that the probability of his being selected in firm X is 0.7 and being rejected in Y is 0.5 and the probability that atleast one of his applications rejected is 0.6. What is the probability that he will be selected in one of the firms?
2. In a factory turning out razor blade, there is a small chance of 1/500 for any blade to be defective. The blades are supplied in a packet of 10. Use Poisson distribution to calculate the approximate number of packets containing blades with no defective, one defective, two defectives and three defectives in a consignment of 10,000 packets.
3. A sample of 400 students of undergraduate and 400 students of post graduate classes were taken to know their opinion about autonomous college. 290 of the undergraduate and 310 of the post graduate students favoured the autonomous status. Present these fact in the form of a table and test at 5% level, that the opinion regarding autonomous status of colleges are independent of the level of classes of students.
4. Test the significance of variation of the retail prices of the commodity in three principle cities; Bombay, Kolkata and Delhi. The four shops were chosen at random in each city and prices observed in rupees were as follows
Business Policy and Strategic Management
1. Successful strategy formulation does not guarantee successful strategy implementation. Therefore many management issues require management attention to ensure the effectiveness of strategy implementation. Identify and discuss any five  major issues that relate to strategy implementation phase.
AiDLo.com is the best educational service for students. AiDLo provide home work solution, home tutoring service, online tutor and amity solved assignments.
2. You are in the business of jewellery making since generations and your business is flourishing now. You are planning to expand your business globally. What strategic options will you chose for entering and competing in foreign markets?
3. Explain the concept of Critical Success Factors [CSFs]. Take a firm of your choice, which is into consumer durables. Select any two products the firm manufactures and list out the critical success factors that are important for the success.
4. A company intends to take over another company and approaches you for advice. What guidelines would you like to suggest to the company to follow before and after takeover? Quote examples for successful and unsuccessful takeover.
Communication for Global Managers
IamBiznews.com is business news portal and all indian and oversees company post their company news, product launch and management change.
1. Prepare an Agenda for Annual General Body Meeting of a company of your choice.
2. Develop a model report on an academic research conducted to identify the reasons for the employees retrenchment by the employer.
3. Identify five examples of video and audio clips you might use in a business document. Discuss the examples along with a brief explanation of its uses in a business document.
4. Write a business letter to a customer about a “New Product Introduction” in the market for the following products.
(a) Micro oven (b) Sport utility car (c) Tablet.
Financial and Management Accounting
GKMind.com is the free portal for all visitor and visitor can improve general knowledge.
1. How do you analyse and interpret financial statement of a company for reporting on the soundness of its capital structure and solvency?
2. “Accounting ratios are mere guides and complete reliance on them in decision making is suicidal.” Elucidate.
3. “Funds flow analysis represents a stock to flow linkage.” – Justify.
4. From the following information pertaining to M/s ABC & Co. Ltd., prepare its trading, profit & Loss A/c for the year ending 31st March 2012 and summarized Balance Sheet as on that date.
Current ratio – 2.5
Quick Ratio – 1.3
Proprietary ratio – 0.06
Gross Profit to sales – 10%
Debtors Velocity – 40 days
Sales – 273000
Working capital – 120000
Bank overdraft – 215000
Share Capital – 250000
Closing Stock is 10% more than opening stock
Net profit 10% of proprietary fund
1. “The profit maximization is not an operationally feasible criteria” Do you agree? Illustrate your views.
2. “The function of Financial Management is to review and control decisions to commit or recommit funds to new or ongoing uses. Thus in addition to raising funds, financial Management is directly concerned with production, marketing and other functions within an enterprise whenever decisions are made about the acquisition or destruction of assets”. Elucidate.
3. “When the corporate income taxes are assumed to exist Modigilani-Miller and the traditional theorists agree that capital structure does affect value. So the basic point of disputes disappears”. Do you agree? Why or why not?
4. “The contention that dividends have an impact on the share price”. Explain the essentials of this argument. Why the argument is considered fallacious.
Foreign Policy of India
1. Based on India’s Foreign Policy evolution so far, critically comment on “NAM” (Non Aligned Movement) concept and suggest some strategic twists required in our foreign policy, to make our relation smooth without neighbours (particularly SAARC countries)
2. “IMF and World Bank serve the interests of Industralised nation rather than those of the developing countries” – In this context, list out some World Bank and IMF projects runover in India. How these projects make impact on our economy?
3. Highlight the major changes which have taken place in India – United States relationship after signing the “INDO – US Nuclear treaty”. Will this relation helps India to combat terrorism activities in India.
4. Identify the major problem areas in India (Elephant) – China (Dragon) relation. Critically analyze and give strategic solutions to develop strong relationship between the two countries.
Human Resource Management
BizBaan.com is Best Business Directory portal
1. Prepare a report on the cultural diversity of an HR department in a multi location IT Company. Examine the challenges it faces in the changed business scenario.
2. Study and compare the performance appraisal system in a manufacturing sector and service sector and evaluate the reasons for their success/ failures in the respective sectors.
3. Critically analyse the selection process vis-à-vis the HR Strategy of an organization, examine whether the selection process is facilitating the recruitment and retention of the manpower with the required skill sets and competencies.
4. Analyse and appraise the quality circle movement in a service organization and suggest methods for its enhancement.
Information Technology and E-Commerce
1. As an IT manager of a medium sized organization, design an information system for that organization and explain how this system transforms organization and management to address the end-user needs.
2. “Honesty and Loyalty are so critical in today’s competitive environment of e-commerce” – Validate the above statement assuming you are a manager in charge of e-commerce in a large scale organization.
3. You are appointed as a system analyst in a medium sized sugar mill, conceive and design an HR information system for that company.
4. It is widely perceived that government plays a key role in developing e-commerce. As an e-commerce strategist of an organization substantiate the above statement and contribute your ideas and suggestions for furthering e-commerce development.
1. “Creditors and Investors are fully depending up on ratio analysis to find out the Company’s credit worthiness and profitability” – critically evaluate this statement.
2. “Valuation of Intangible Assets and goodwill is very difficult at the time of takeover” – Evaluate this statement.
3. “An effective finance manager in an MNC easily overcome the issues in International Financial Statement Analysis” – Give your opinion..
4. “Japan dimension of Accounting is entirely different from Indian Accounting” – Do you agree? Substantiate your answer with suitable example.
International Business Environment
1. Critically examine the agreements for trade protection. Why is trade protection desirable for under developed countries?
2. What is the basis of foreign trade? Can there be trade between two nations even if one of them has absolute advantage in producing all goods? Justify your views.
3. Has the international monetary fund succeeded in establishing a stable International monetary system? Has it solved the problem of international liquidity? Discuss.
4. How does capital mobility enhance individual welfare and a country’s welfare? Does international capital mobility tend to enhance the welfare of the world economy? Explain.
Buy This Solution
1. Examine the problems encountered by the exporters while exporting herbal products to European countries. Also recommend suitable suggestions to overcome such issues.
2. “Developing countries like India, is facing acute Current Account Deficit [CAD] due to low export and high import” – Assume that you have been appointed as Governor of RBI. Develop suitable strategies to reduce CAD.
3. An entrepreneur wants to export different types of cut flowers to Japan and Korea. How will you find out the market potential for this products? What research tools you would use? Give reasons.
4. Discuss the role of ADB and World Bank during financial crisis of a nation.
1. Liberalisation and globalization of trade policies have an impact on the growth of domestic trade – Discuss.
2. (a) Do IMF and other financial institutions play a importance role in foreign trade policy? If so elucidate the above statement.
(b) “IMF is a key to economic development of all countries in the world” -Discuss.
3. The “EXIM POLICY” play a synthetic role for developing countries like India to develop economic integration. Explain the above statement with the salient features of “EXIM POLICY”.
4. Comment upon the efforts made by GATT towards solving international liquidity problem while doing the international business.
Legal Environment of Business
1. “All contracts are agreements but all agreements are not contract” – Discuss.
2. “An agent is mere connecting link between Principal and Third Party.” Justify this statement.
3. “A joint stock company is an artificial person but not citizen” – Comment on this statement.
4. “Buyer Beware” – rule applicable only to the Sale of Goods Act and not to Insurance.” – Discuss.
1. Find article in the business press or general news about a recent incident involving a company (for example, a merger or acquisition, a scandal or crisis, or the launching of a new product). What kind of communication challenges might this event pose for the company, both internally and externally? What kinds of messages would probably need to be written, and to whom?
2. Interview a working professional about his or her writing process. In addition to asking about general strategies for different kind of writings, also how he or she tracked a particularly difficult writing situation. Write up the results of your findings briefly.
3. Locate six examples of video and audio clips you might use in a business document. Describe the examples along with a brief explanation of a good use in a business document.
4. Look through current newspapers, magazines, the web and so on, and get the best available information on the job outlook for this year’s college graduates. You should show variations by geographic areas, degree, and schools. Present your findings in a well-organized and illustrated report.
1. Why is it important to state a managerial objective? Could the assumption that manager’s objective is profit maximization be useful even if their real objective is maximizing market share (or) their salaries?
2. Why would smaller firms be content to let a large firm practice dominant firm price leadership in an industry?
3. Why is there no unique input price and quantity of input hired in the bilateral monopoly case? What factors will play a role in determining that price and quantity?
4. In a three sector economy with firms, households and Government show with a circular income flow model that the sum of private investment and government expenditure equals the sum of saving and taxes.
Buy This Solution
1. What is product life cycle? Choose a case in international marketing and discuss the same.
2. Discuss which brands of mobile do you feel successfully targeted the group “Generation Y”. Which brands do not? What could they do better?
3. “Marketing research is the key to the success of a company?” Discuss the above statement, keeping in view of an example of the recent past where application of market research helped in formulating the right marketing strategy.
4. Suggest suitable pricing strategy for:
(i) 100 cc Motorcycle
(iii) Branded Shirts
1. An MNC in India adopted and changed norms of regulations towards their existing workforce: Does this mean organizational change? Explain.
2. Can managers control colleagues and employees emotions and moods? Examine. “You can’t divorce emotions from the workplace because you can’t divorce emotions from people”. Analyse this statement with justification.
3. Among the different types of leadership styles, which style would be suitable to democratic country like India to become superpower in business? Justify your answer.
4. “Money cannot motivate all people under all circumstances.” Critically evaluate this statement with suitable examples and justifications.
Principles of Management
1. “The managers of tomorrow will not be a bigger man than his father was before him.” – Critically analyse this statement and discuss the tasks expected to be performed by future managers to effectively deal with management challenges.
2. Identify four corporate social responsibility initiatives adopted by corporates which you are familiar with.
3. “More centralization and decentralization are not advisable” – Do you agree or disagree? Justify. Suggest when and where these two concepts effectively applied in corporate.
4. “MBO is the motivating factor or controlling technique”. Critically evaluate this statement. Compare and contrast between MBO and MBE.
Production and Materials Management
Buy This solution
1. Why do you think choosing correct location for a plant is significant? Draft a plan to locate a nuclear power plant.
2. Explain intermittent and continuous operations. Under what type of situation it would be used in automobile industry?
3. Explain the types of material handling equipments used in coal mine industry.
4. Discuss the importance and methods of inventory system followed in refining industries in India.
Project Management and Entrepreneurship
Buy This Solution
1. “Project parameters namely time, cost and quality are to be planned carefully for any project. But most of the major projects were not successful. Discuss this statement with a major project.
2. “Project manager is a risk bearer”. Assign yourself as a project manager for metro rail projects in India. List out various feasibility studies to be conducted to avoid risks during the implementation of project.
3. A company wants to start a additional plant to manufacture a new product line in fertilizers. Assume a location of your choice and explain the steps of feasibility study applicable to start the plant.
4. Read articles on business houses in India. Based on these, give a detailed description on one case of business split and another on successful succession of family business to the next generations.
1. Draft a research proposal that is designed to answer the following key research question. “How can the internet be utilized by international service firms to create a strong market presence?”
2. Examine the need, uses, where, when and mode of application of the following statistical tools.
[a] Correlation analysis
[b] Factor analysis
[c] Multiple regression analysis
3. Assume that you have been appointed to conduct a market survey for examining the satisfaction among the guests stayed in a star hotel, Design a sampling plan to accomplish this purpose.
4. Design a questionnaire to find out the effectiveness of an advertisement appeared in a newspaper. Take the case of automobile segment [4 wheeler].
Written Analysis and Communication
1. You are the chief executive officer of a leading car manufacturing company. By applying effective communication systems, how will you improve the managerial functions.
2. “Intergroup conflict is essential for every organisation.” – Do you agree? Discuss.
3. What is formal organisation? Compare the specific benefits of formal organisation with informal organisation with special reference to Indian Apparel Industry. Justify your answer with appropriate examples.
4. “As meetings should be democratic, everyone present should be permitted to talk as much as he or she wants without interference from the leader.” Do you agree or not? Justify your views.